My first Mission Trip!









Well its been a while since I've written just been somewhat busy with church, school,work, my social life, and having friends visit. At the moment my best friend is visiting from A&M while on her spring break. Today we went to Tulsa and tomorrow Im going to take her to all the sites around OKC. It should be a great day! I def. am ready for my spring break to start. My boss said we could all have the week off and boy am I excited except I really should be working and saving my money for my first mission trip. Yep its official Im going to Mexico to Pedris Negris with the singles ministry in May and I cannot wait. I've always wanted and could see myself doing mission work all over the world but never was the right time until now. God has placed me in the best position of my life right now. I use to question him but now I know he's got wonderful things in store for me so I just have to be patient and wait like he wants me to. Lately I've been so bummed by all the people who are so overwhelmed with their life in this world. Im not talking about what they've become or accomplished but the petty junk. It's like our society is one big competition in everything. Sometimes I just want to be able to get away...it sounds crazy but whenever I could just sit on top of a huge mountain watching the sunset or laying on the beach watching the sun rise over the ocean with the breeze falling onto my face. I guess this all relates to the adventursome side of me. Im on this little kick where after I graduate I dont want to take the norm and find a job-I'd rather take all the money I own and just go travel.See the beauty God created for us all over the world. I crave that lifestyle so bad. No cell phone-No facebook-nothing. Just me and God.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brooke,

I'm having a boring evening, so I'm being a blog stalker. I'm really glad that you were able to go on the Piedras Negras trip, and I pray that God will open more doors for you to travel and do mission work.

Your blog post made me remember this poem/prayer, that I've found to be really uplifting and encouraging:

Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too well pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we have dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess
We have lost our thirst
For the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.

Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas
Where storms will show your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.

We ask You to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.

~Sir Francis Drake - 1577


It was fun getting to know you on the trip. See you around the singles class.