Update

Today I started my new job for the summer interning at Capitol Hill CoC which is an inner city church south of downtown OKC. I have been volunteering there for quite a while now and when I heard about the summer intern program I jumped on it! The whole month of May we are in training and planning to get ready for the summer program. Then starting in June we will have anywhere from 40-60 inner city children everyday at the church for the summer program. I am really excited but at the same time it will be draining and rough at times. Just from my experience of teaching there on Sunday nights I can't imagine what its going to be like some days having them the whole day!I'm really looking forward to it and it's nice we all get the whole month of May to pray and mentally and physically get ready for it! Their are 7 interns total and two head interns who are leading the whole program. I'll try to report on here every once in a while to let ya know how things are going.

0 comments: