Olympics 2010



I am seriously extremely sad that the Olympics are over! I am a HUGE Olympic fan of both summer and winter Olympics. Growing up I always acted like I was going to become an Olympic skater or gymnast and would go practice on my trampoline or "skate" in the kitchen in my socks. Every time I see the American's get a medal or watch the opening and closing ceremonies I just get so much pride to be an American! Culturally I just like to learn more about other countries and the roots of those athletes. I am a bit embarrassed to admit how little I knew about Canada. I had this weird mental idea that Canada was this huge country with very few people in it except maybe for those in the big coastal cities. Boy have I learned! It's been so great to learn more about our northern neighbors and watch them finally win some gold medals. Out of all the events this winter my favorite was the freestyle skiing-ladies moguls. Watching all of the special interest stories during the Olympics of different athletes made me pull for them even harder so I got excited when they would place or do good!I felt like these Olympics were pretty emotional at times. Every time I had them on it seemed like I would tear up at something. Even though I am not Canadian when I would hear all of the Canadians sing their national anthem I couldn't help but get goosebumps. Overall this was a great and memorable winter Olympics and I will miss it dearly!
This is my favorite Olympic Athlete!
Hannah Kearney-Ladies Moguls

0 comments: