Week 3 of P90X


Well I am currently in the middle of my 3rd week doing P90X. I can't believe I've stuck with it and now I am this far! It's been hard work and many many many days of soreness. It's totally worth it though and after a while the soreness feels sorta good cause I guess you know its working! After this week I will have only 9 weeks left of it. I will say I wish I would have taken a before picture of me but I couldn't bring myself to it and I forgot! Yesterday I was looking at myself in the mirror to see my progress and it was somewhat hard to tell just because I have alot of fat on me. I got somewhat discouraged for a minute but then I realized that my body isn't what it use to be. A couple of years ago if I did this program by week 3 I would have already been ripped but as I get older the body just isn't the same. I was never fat just flabby and let all my muscle go. So now looking in the mirror I know that I am hard on myself and its probably hard to tell just looking at myself. I did try on my bridesmaids dress and it zipped up perfectly!!! A month or so ago I couldn't even zip half of it up! So I know the more and more as I go along with this program the results will be wonderful!


Jonathan and I are doing it together and its great having a partner with you to push you and encourage you. Anyone who does this needs alot of that! Plus even on the days you dont feel like working out you've got an accountability partner there to get you up and doing it. Everytime I complete a workout I feel so good!

I think the key to it all is sticking with it all 6 days for 12 weeks and eating healthy is the most important. I am to the point now where my stomach has shrunk and I just don't have those sweet tooth or junk food cravings anymore. Even if someone gave me a harmless cookie I don't want it because its just not worth it to me anymore. I do still have a cheat meal once a week and that is usually on Sundays. Also we bought big 1/2 gallon jug water bottles from Wal-Mart and try to drink it everyday while working out and now I love to drink and sip on it all day and usually lug it around where ever I go.

Today I was moving and reorganizing a bunch of stuff in and out of my room and hauling some furniture upstairs and downstairs and I already couldn't believe how much more strength I had and how much more in shape I was. It was a great feeling.

Thats all I have for now.

1 comments:

Ginny said...

I'm so proud of you! Keep it up. :) By day 90 you'll be happy with your results!